Asia Business Consulting

From Information to Strategic Knowledge by Asia Business Consulting (www.asiabusinessconsulting.com). What kind of jewels can you find in the news. And how great it is to have a company that fully uses those to support its primary research and consult your company strategically to really improve your business. This blog supports your business already. For more, talk to us - Asia Business Consulting. A better way to do business.

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Wi-Fi in the global context - that is where we are

Wi-Fi has come a long way - it was said to be dead, overtaken by new technologies, handicapped by technical problems and challenges, but slowly and surely, it makes its marks.

I remember my time when I worked in Indonesia, and had to present to clients - setting the computer up for a presentation, attaching the wires to the LCD, and than, the big search for the power plug began.

Crawling under tables and cupboards, I mostly commented that I am looking forward to the time, when cables are behind us. Well, it will still take some years, until everything is wireless, and security surely is an issue, still. But it will come, and it willb e in my lifetime, I swear.

What is interesting, so, that the article talks a lot about the US, a bit about Europe, and only mentions Japan in Asia - I thought the trendsetters are here?