Asia Business Consulting

From Information to Strategic Knowledge by Asia Business Consulting (www.asiabusinessconsulting.com). What kind of jewels can you find in the news. And how great it is to have a company that fully uses those to support its primary research and consult your company strategically to really improve your business. This blog supports your business already. For more, talk to us - Asia Business Consulting. A better way to do business.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Mobile phone advertising? Oh goodness!

Who hasn't got one of those SMS on his or her mobile phone, advertising some strange service? I am talking about advertising via SMS or texting and I call it nothing else but spamming in all its new and old versions.

I am already annoyed enough with online advertisments and pop-ups, also there might be a trend to the better here (not always).

Companies are more cautious in approaching consumers via their mobile phones but they try to get to them. Ways to convince a consumer is voluntary sign-ups but still, things might go out of hand quickly. Will we have mobile spam filter soon? Looking at how badly those work in the Internet, I prefer to put a stop to mobile advertising first. Because, seriously, I don't believe that companies are close enough to understand consumers to really create text ads that entice consumers to actually like their ads. for me, when I get a text ad, the company is out from my consideration set. Thank you!!

(By Asia Business Consulting)